Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
Absolutely no idea, me and my wife were wondering this very thing.

On another note, could someone write a detailed synopsis of the second episode(obviously put it in spoilers)? Me and my wife were without electricity for 3 days due to a minor snowstorm, and as such, missed the second episode. I would be eternally grateful :)
Spoiler
Show

Well let's see...

"IRL": Henry gives Emma the last 10 or so pages of his book, so his mother won't be able to read the end (where supposedly Emma saves everyone).

In the meantime, Regina tries to frame Emma by making it appear as if she broke in and stole Henry's files from his therapy sessions.
The sheriff sort of believes Emma's claim that she has been framed, and so does Blanche, who posts bail. The two talk a bit and Emma is visually shocked when she finds out Henry thinks Blanche is Snow White (because that would mean she is talking to her birthmother right now!) She doesn't reveal anything about that, though.

Emma, out of jail, gets pissed off and cuts down half of Regina's apple tree with a chain saw and they exchange threats.

Que flashback: The Evil Queen decides she needs to use "The Curse", the big one. Only she has traded it with Maleficent for her Sleeping Curse and must negotiate to get it back. Things quickly heat up in Maleficent's castle however because Maleficent is sane enough to reveal that the reason she traded curses with the Evil Queen is so that no-one would ever use the Curse (she herself, despite being who she is, thinks it is WAY too evil to use). The two evil witches do battle and the Queen defeats Maleficent by forcing her to protect her pet black unicorn with her life, but refuses to kill her since "you are my only friend". She takes The Curse and tries to use it.

The Curse fails, and the Queen is forced to go to the one she traded it from in the first place to find out what she did wrong. Surprise surprise... the person she traded it from is Rumpelstiltskin.

He advices her, after making her a new deal that he, whatever happens, can have whatever he wishes from her if he just says "please" first, that in order to make it work she must cut out the heart of something she truly loves. It turns out that the one person she truly loves is her butler, who almost manages to talk her out of this path to the ultimate dark side before she stabs him and takes his heart.

After the fact it turns out that the "butler" actually was her father!!

The last thing we see in the flashback is the Queen placing a single black rose at her fathers grave (the inscription on the stone says "Henry, beloved father") before she unleashes the Curse.

"IRL" again: Regina has called the sheriff and wants him to throw Emma in jail again. He advises against it and says there is easier and better ways to make Emma stay away from Henry (and suddenly of course we now understand why he is named Henry).

Regina sets up a meeting with Emma, where she coaxes Emma into saying she knows Henry is crazy, and of course Regina has made sure Henry hears it, and he gets very upset.

The episode ends, however, with Emma finding Henry at Hopper's office and explains she now believes Henry, and she must lie to the Queen to make her think she doesn't. They then burn the last pages of the book and walks off somewhere outside.

Regina is busy trying to save her tree when Mr Gold shows up, say she seems to be in a very good mood despite the tree incident. She says she is, since Emma now has left town. He lets her know he saw them walk off hand in hand from Dr Hopper's office...
Then we get a little more details about their relationship: It seems Mr Gold, personally, helped with Regina's adoption request and "just happened" to pick Henry for her. He also insists that Regina "should" know, or figure out, who Emma is. He ends the episode by asking Regina to step aside... "please". And she does, with a very uncomfortable look on her face.

Conclusions so far is that it seems the only two people who either remembers everything or at least knows everything are Rumpelstiltskin and Henry.
Even Regina seems hazy in how she became Mayor to begin with, and apart from a fixation with apples (she always drinks her homemade cider) actually seems like a better person than her old self. For one thing she seems to truly love Henry (Jr) and is honestly very scared that Emma will steal him away.