Quote Originally Posted by CTrees View Post
Okay, let's take the 20th level, straight summoner. 30CHA is honestly pretty low, but we'll go with that. That's Gating in Balors thirteen times per day, for free, on the short service clause for 20min of service each. Actually, it looks like you could get them two at a time, they way PF words the spell. Boost your caster level a bit and substitute Solars. Alternatively, summon four efreetis at a time, for free, 13times/day, for three wishes each time. 36+12xCHA mod wishes per day for free is... a little broken. That's one ability, and they can go back to using their customized and optimized eidolon ("hey, lets make a custom item of permanent greater evolution surge!") when that's burned through. Sitting at home in their custom demiplane (they get spells for that)... yeah.
I am reading the PFSRD and I see:

Summon Monster I (Sp)

Starting at 1st level, a summoner can cast summon monster I as a spell-like ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Charisma modifier. Drawing upon this ability uses up the same power as the summoner uses to call his eidolon. As a result, he can only use this ability when his eidolon is not summoned. He can cast this spell as a standard action and the creatures remain for 1 minute per level (instead of 1 round per level). At 3rd level, and every 2 levels thereafter, the power of this ability increases by one spell level, allowing him to summon more powerful creatures (to a maximum of summon monster IX at 17th level). At 19th level, this ability can be used as gate or summon monster IX. If used as gate, the summoner must pay any required material components. A summoner cannot have more than one summon monster or gate spell active in this way at one time. If this ability is used again, any existing summon monster or gate immediately ends. These summon spells are considered to be part of his spell list for the purposes of spell trigger and spell completion items. In addition, he can expend uses of this ability to fufill the construction requirements of any magic item he creates, so long as he can use this ability to cast the required spell.

Is that a recent change from the book then?