Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
My Little Pony: Friendship is Herpes
That better be the next thread title.
What? No
Just
Just no

This is the first time since I was twelve, that I've read the word "herpes" and didn't freak out because I've had chickenpox and now a tiny virus parasite has fastened itself into my nervous system and maybe this time the shower will be hot enough I dont even need all this skin or maybe if I drink the rubbing alcohol fast enough I won't Go completely blind and oh Luna why is my skin itching is it the shingles AAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHH

*pants*

Don't take this false sense of security away from me

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
What, you want objectively correct policy implementation programs? Good luck getting that. That depends on any number of things depending on any number of other things.

No, morality is deciding that the homeless man is your problem and your responsibility. You are then compelled to search for the best way to deal with that problem. You may never find it. You may be wracked with guilt and insecurity forever because of the mistakes you are destined to make. And that's the way it should be.

If you told me you knew the right answer to the problem of the homeless man I wouldn't trust you.
Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
I'm not allowed to trash talk Hasbro on the blog, so hi Ponythread. I'm back.

My immediate overreaction is that I would rather give back all of my other pony toys than have any official background pony toys at all if this is what they're going to do with them. Not that I would wish there were no toys at all - that would mean there is no show. But I will put all of my ponies back on the shelves they came from right this second.

You can't have her, Hasbro. She's mine.
Hi phoe! It's nice to see you again.

Most of everything has already been covered, so I'll just commiserate. I feel your pain; watching any slice of this particular both hold itself above petty squabbles, and yet squabble pettily, makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
0.o
Why are you underneath me?

SiuiS, is this that birthday gift you were talking about?

PHOE!! I LOVE
YOU PHOE!!
Hi ^^
*snerk* you're a dork, Braz.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
Also!!
Spoiler
Show

Kippy!! You're such a part of the MLP fandom you're even on the SHELVES with them in stores!!
XD
I'd forgotten about that! Go kpenguin!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
We're always here for when you need to trash talk enormous faceless corporations.

I'm kinda with you, though. Which is disappointing - I want really badly for Hasbro to sell me the things I want, and their constant refusal to do so is progressively frustrating. Shut up and take my money.jpg
It is a fascinating study in the road to hell, isn't it? Best intentions and all that. There has been one single, almost unanimous request from thefandom since before I even knew my little ponies had a new show.
Hasbro, show accurate toys? Can we please has?
And nothing. They are inching along, but it's like the gambler's dilemma. They have so much invested in their wickedly wrong g3.5 stuff that they can just let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
Why the hell is Sweetie Belle's head almost as big as Princess Celestia?
Why is Princess Celestia both pink and as small as Sweetie Belle? I blame Dame Sparkle, and we'll find out in the fifth season when she finally dabbles in Zecora's witchcraft :3

And suddenly, the flaw in our plan becomes apparent. Can we really ignore something that's cannon on the wiki?
Dude.
It's a wiki.
It has all the legitimacy of the POTUS trying to declare catholic doctrine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
Yes.

Actually, that is exactly what I'm expecting.
And that's where you're wrong.

I know, I know. Bleakbane being right is a universal constant! Like inkwell being awesome. It's a matter of application.

See, if I live in an apartment and I ask my landlord to fix my broken air conditioner, and said landlord buys me a new car, cuts my rent, hooks up free cable and sends me a basket of muffins, I'm still going to be upset that he hasn't touched the air conditioner.

Hasbro has been great. They have been awesome. That does earn them a lot of slack. But whether that slack makes up for ignoring the one single thing they have ever been asked by the fandom is up to each individual fan. We have asked, singularly and as a group, for show accurate toys. We have run polls, we have sent them studies documenting support, and we have asked every member of their company we can get ahold of about show accurate toys.

They have nodded at us, given us Derpy Hooves, acknowledged DJ PON-3, given us a snazzier version of an admittedly horrible pop song, adjusted their viewing schedule to tangentially make it easier to watch their show, and allowed fan merch to flow without hindrance. They have also studiously ignored show accurate toys.

Oddly enough, you're arguing the moral stance, and mine is amoral. I find that intriguing. Must be your token sanity with a dash of class.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
I don't know what kind of standards you hold me to, but I am allowed to, just this once, take an unreasonable stance and be upset that something I loved more than any other single piece in this series that I adore has suddenly become stuck in this quagmire of controversy and argument over a stupid bit of molded plastic.

I am not a robot or a being of perfect logic and reason. I have emotions and I am damn sure allowed to experience them. Would you prefer I stuffed them somewhere else until they hurt me?
Quite the contrary, we welcome your venting. If it has to be done, better with friends around, aye?

I think a lot of folks miss that thing I keep quoting.

Quote Originally Posted by Media Discussions
Talk about books, movies, TV, or music here, safe from the judging eyes of the outside world.
This is the place we go to that somewhat alleviates outside concerns. This is our confessional, our therapy group. Thats why most of us are so willing to "bear all", because this is the place for it. This thread partially functions as the "behind closed doors" we are told to go to for private stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
imagedump
Badass Lyra/Bonbon
and 2 sweet Lunas
Spoiler
Show

Lyra?
W-why are you looking at me like that?
What are you...? not sure if I should make a joke about an actual pretty pony behind me that she's looking at over my shoulder or not