View Single Post

Thread: My Little Pony XXX: Trixie Treats!

1. - Top - End - #824
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXX: Trixie Treats!

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    I'm pretty sure everyone decided the canon names were cognomens. Anyone just want to go with that?
    Even if I didn't before, I would have agreed with this, just on the basis that someone else knows what "cognomen" means...

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    I don't know what kind of standards you hold me to, but I am allowed to, just this once, take an unreasonable stance and be upset that something I loved more than any other single piece in this series that I adore has suddenly become stuck in this quagmire of controversy and argument over a stupid bit of molded plastic.

I am not a robot or a being of perfect logic and reason. I have emotions and I am damn sure allowed to experience them. Would you prefer I stuffed them somewhere else until they hurt me?
    Come now, Phoe, leaving aside the fact that as a denizen of ponythread and thereby earning a fraction of my respect and thus being held to my ludicrously high standards, your exalted position as near-demi-goddess of ED means that of course you should be completely unreasonably expected to act like Princess Celestia, i.e. utterly without reproach and to an unobtainable standard of perfection...

If only because the thought of making your eye twitch is of great personal amusement to me (because, y'know, Evil...)

(Note lack of "to be uncharacteristically serious" in prior post. You said in your own words you were overreacting... What, you didn't think I'd miss a chance to attempt to wind you up, Phoe, surely, after giving me such a tempting target...? You have been away from ponythread too much haven't you...?)

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    And that's where you're wrong.

I know, I know. Bleakbane being right is a universal constant! Like inkwell being awesome. It's a matter of application.

See, if I live in an apartment and I ask my landlord to fix my broken air conditioner, and said landlord buys me a new car, cuts my rent, hooks up free cable and sends me a basket of muffins, I'm still going to be upset that he hasn't touched the air conditioner.

Hasbro has been great. They have been awesome. That does earn them a lot of slack. But whether that slack makes up for ignoring the one single thing they have ever been asked by the fandom is up to each individual fan. We have asked, singularly and as a group, for show accurate toys. We have run polls, we have sent them studies documenting support, and we have asked every member of their company we can get ahold of about show accurate toys.

They have nodded at us, given us Derpy Hooves, acknowledged DJ PON-3, given us a snazzier version of an admittedly horrible pop song, adjusted their viewing schedule to tangentially make it easier to watch their show, and allowed fan merch to flow without hindrance. They have also studiously ignored show accurate toys.

Oddly enough, you're arguing the moral stance, and mine is amoral. I find that intriguing. Must be your token sanity with a dash of class.
    I do love being able to take the moral high ground while still managing to do so in an Evil way (though, in this case, that maybe a slight tad of an exaggeration, but I'll leave it to Phoe to beat you over the head with the nearest heavy Lyra-shaped object).

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Hello, welcome to the herd! Please excuse the current brouhaha; it's kind of the pony equivalent of Edition Wars. You needn't take it any more or less seriously than you want to.
    Lichemaster, it's nowhere near that bad! (Well, not here anyway. Here, it's mostly me being characteristically Trollestia-y, with the ponies seeming to take me at face value, silly ponies...)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-11-03 at 04:51 AM.