View Single Post

Thread: My Little Pony XXX: Trixie Treats!

1. - Top - End - #825
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXX: Trixie Treats!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    I read all of this series, and the prequel. It was really good, though I did regret reading two horror stories just before bed. O.o;
    Thanks. Another night ruined, my job here is done

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    I would say that Applebloom does have a slight accent. It's not super pronounced, but it is there - much like the accents I heard growing up. I think you could probably get away with giving Big Mac one, but since he's pretty taciturn anyway, the most show-accurate way to portray him is to probably minimize his speaking as much as possible.
    Good point. Going to need him to talk more than usual in this story, but I'll try to use as few and as short sentences as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    We now have some "offical" names for the background ponies.

Not better, I fear, than the fanon, though I do like the idea suggested of adopting the canon names as second names (or otherwise combining them): "Lyra Heartstrings", in particular, has a very nice ring to it, doesn't it?
    I don't mind the names. We all knew they'd probably give them different names if they ever gave them names at all, and until they're named in the show I won't consider any of this canon. For all we know the people behind the show had nothing to do with this and probably didn't even know.

I mean, look at that art... if the people behind the show had anything to do with this, we wouldn't be looking at Twilight and her friends cosplaying as Lyra and her friends. That, unlike the names, makes me want to come out from under the bridge. Seriously... one would think they could get a vector of Lyra and any other background ponies, without any additional work, by calling up the people doing the show and saying "Hey there, could you just pass along that vector in a mail, pretty please?". Instead they apparently paid someone to make a new, crappy piece of recoloring. That makes NO SENSE!

That said, back to the names. I do like Lyra Heartstrings, best of both worlds, because Heartstrings is actually a pretty pretty name, but of course she'll always be our Lyra.

Never heard of this Blues pony before - and here I thought I knew all the popular background ponies - but Noteworthy is a pretty cool name. Blues Noteworthy even better.

Berryshine or Berry Punch... eh, same difference to me.

Only one I don't like is Golden Harvest. I think I'll stick with Carrot Top, at least until she's named in the actual show.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    Pony naming confuses me. How can they have a name that reflects their personality?

For example, How could Fluttershy's parents of possibly known that the then Newborn Fluttershy would grow up to be shy?

And finally, Hasbro got unbelievably lazy with the art there.
    I always figured there's this prophecy thing going on. When a pony is born they're given a name based on their future, as foretold by some pony seer or something.

How in Equestria anypony could ever have trouble finding their cutie mark, if that's the case, is beyond me however.

Quote Originally Posted by ealdhain View Post
    Umm...hi everypony. I'm a little new to this. I've watched a couple of the episodes of Friendship is Magic, and I think I'd like to give it a shot.
    Welcome, welcome, welcome!

You know what this calls for?
    A PARTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    You're blaming me? YOU'RE blaming ME!?!

I'm blaming YOU.

Because YOU

Made ME

Do THIS
    That's... I lack words for this kind of thing
    Last edited by Deadly; 2011-11-03 at 05:11 AM.