Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
Can I sig that?
Absolutely!

Hmm, I think this is the first time I've made it into a sig...this calls for A PARTY!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
The Nostalgia Chick, in her most recent video, mentioned the phenomena of media being forgiven for being terrible because it's 'for kids'. But which are the things we remember? Do you remember every lazily thrown-together animated Disney knock-off you saw when you were a kid? Hells no. It's the good ones that leave a lasting impression on you. I truly believe that years from now, even if the show has long been canceled, I'll still put on a '20% Cooler' shirt with pride, and people will actually get the reference.
Yeah, this most definitely should not be an ok excuse for shows to use.

Also, good luck with City of Unicorleans!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
I do

You know, thinking a little more, I suppose maybe the names aren't usually that closely related to cutie marks or special talents, so maybe most ponies don't think to look at their name for what their cutie mark is likely to be.

Most ponies, if you were given just their names, I don't think you could guess their talent or cutie mark. The apple family is probably a major exception, but given that they all deal in apples one way or another it's not big surprise. I hope Applebloom will break the mold and not have an apple-related talent; so far it looks like that might be the case.

Maybe the namer just looks at the foal and what they look and act like, and maybe the family as well. Rainbow Dash, for example, has a rainbow mane and probably acted a little wildly even as a foal, so easy name there.

Still, if I were a pony, looking for my cutie mark, my name would probably be the first thing I considered. Even if it didn't tell me much it might give a few hints and narrow things down.
I personally am a fan of the idea that names should have meaning to them; it's an idea that's faded, at least in the post-Industrial Revolution west, but to my mind, that's a tragedy. Perhaps ponies still have that tradition - that a name is meant to say something about the person/pony it names.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
To the various peeps who helped me come up with a humanised Charger, I think I finally did it. So thanks!
Looks very nice! I think you captured a lot of the qualities you threw out in that picture.