Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
I... am not sure what to say of this piece. It was... certainly rather disturbing. (I believe you portrayed Big Mac here to be rather delusional, if not outright schizophrenic, if I'm not reading my Pysch textbooks wrong.)
Delusional most likely. I don't know enough psychology to say anything about schizophrenia.

There is the possibility that Twilight was right, that it is a lingering effect of her Want It, Need It spell, or Discord's doings.

It is also possible that it is a genuine desire. There's a growing debate about things like people wanting to have unnecessary amputations and going to great and dangerous lengths to get it any way they can (heard about some guy shooting himself in the leg with a shotgun so they'd be forced to remove his leg).

And of course there's the rather less dramatic topic of gender issues, and a growing recognition that some people may genuinely feel that they should be something else than what they were born as.

If I had any big idea with this story, it's mostly about the prospect of future technology making it possible to be something you weren't born as, and whether some people may genuinely want that. In that sense it is meant to have a kinda happy ending, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
It portrays a character who thinks that their body is wrong (i.e., dysphoria). That can be a hot button issue; I've seen it happen before.
Ah, yes. I do worry that maybe some people may read its intention as pretty much opposite of what I was thinking while writing it.