Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
Ryouichi smirks, discarding his Haori. However, he does not mimic the action of his comrade. "Let's not play around too much, Nakamura-kun." He draws Jisei, holding it angled in both hands slightly to his right side, the blade pointing to the ground. His smile is confident. "This brings back memories... How often did you try to break my guard, old friend?"
Masaru returns the smirk, before slowly drawing first his katana, and then his wakizashi.

He twirled each a couple of times in his hands. before sliding his left foot back, and taking a low stance that had his katana held to one side, and his wakizashi in front of him.

Spoiler
Show
OOC: I don't practice swordplay at all, so please forgive me if this is ridiculous. I'm just trying to describe him doing something.

Kazuma would have never seen this particular stance. Ryouichi would know it as one of Masaru's few original inventions in swordplay; it was something of a "hybrid" between Hirougata, Amamaigata, and Zenmetsugata. It allowed the 8th's Captain to effortlessly move, attack, or defend.

"I have attempted to get past your defenses 447 times in the past. I successfully got past your guard twice.

Of course, in return, you only landed what would have been 12 telling blows, and 6 minor ones. We both do love a good defense, old friend, and I'm a touch lighter on my feet.
"

He suddenly took two slightly blurred steps forward and swung his katana in a fast arc aimed at Ryouichi's right shoulder.

"Here's to bout 450!"