1. - Top - End - #892
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice XX: One X Short of an Awesome Title

Quote Originally Posted by Pheehelm View Post
    If I'm reading these right, y'all think I'm saying "imply your feelings for them instead of openly expressing your feelings for them." Other posters (mainly Coidzor and Nix Nihila) have explained my point pretty well, but I should clarify that the distinction I drew was between Person A announcing love/infatuation for Person B, and Person A simply asking out Person B thereby implying attraction but not necessarily love/infatuation. In retrospect, that humorously flippant "whatever" in my post before was probably misleading, since it was only meant to encompass the more intense forms of interest.
    Ah, this explains a lot. If the message that is being conveyed is different in each case, then it makes sense that the reaction will be different.

And just to make sure I haven't misunderstood, are you saying that the reason implying is more likely to get some kind of positive reaction is because the less obvious nature means that they don't actually know what message you're implying, and so do not feel the need to make an immediate decision based on that message?

EDIT: Seconding the post below.
    Last edited by Objection; 2011-11-07 at 06:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Seriously. Every time someone posts a thread like this, the Giant kills a kitten. Please stop before he gets to Mr. Scruffy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Othesemo View Post
    Recent studies have suggested that reading daily mail reduces the sodium content in your blood. As such, many leading doctors suggest taking it with a grain of salt.