Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
Hiya folks!

I'm working on a Quotepost, and a lot of it is just old thread drama we're mostly past. So should I drop it, edit out those posts, or just go into it with my usual gusto?

So we have IRC elsewhere, being posted. RP has kinda died out. Art seems limited to Thanqol or it's own thread. And fics never receive the attention they deserve... I know this sounds absurd

But

Is there anything we still talk about that isn't individual episodes or the fandom as a unit?
I'd drop old thread drama myself, if only to avoid making any new thread drama...

Also, I don't think we're seeing the end of ponythread craziness; the last couple of days we've put up an impressive number of pages with arguably much more solid content than some past posting frenzies.

Also, if you do want to see a bit of a speed up and some more of the old randomness, it shouldn't be too hard to slowly reintroduce some RP stuff. I think most of our slowdown was the one-two punch of new IRC channel and RP/speed concerns for retaining posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
So I guess a good way to round it up is: Alicorns may be just naturally more powerful than unicorns. They may have more ability than what their special talent would say. Personally I'm chalking this up to "you live 1000+ years in a (seemingly) unaging body and see how strong you are in X subject".

Do you think there are more 'generic' spells ponies can learn beyond the telekinesis? I'm liking the idea that beyond special-talent related magic there is a 'universal' pool of magic any unicorn can learn. At least by my thought process what's the point of tons of spell books and ponies like Starswirl the bearded creating hundreds of spells if very few ponies could learn them. Could also be used to explain dispelling the Want it, Need it spell. As far as the "spell only I can break" (and I'm just making things up here) maybe magical locks work in the way of having to match certain frequencies of magic to flip the tumblers.
I can see certain spells working in an 'irreversible' way - their effects are in place and can't be removed unless some resonance or other connection with the original caster intervenes, or the spell is entirely overpowered and shorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
Ever since I was a young colt
I've played the silver ball
From Sohoof down to Foalsom
I must have played them all
But I ain't seen nothing like her
In any amusement hall
That derpy, cross-eyed mare
Sure plays a mean pinball
This is the best thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
If it's old thread drama I'd recommend dropping it really.

As for what we can talk about... um... maybe we need some sort of group project to work on? Like... maybe a What If scenario where X happened, where X is some big event. Then write it up. That kinda thing.

Man, I'm not good at this.
Actually, since several posters are getting into practicing their art, it might indeed be fun to do some sort of ponythread write/drawfriend collaboration. We could build up a fic and provide illustrations. Heck, we could probably get it up on EqD considering the talent reserves we've got here.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
I'm tempted to have Dash interact with the narrator as she jumps between fics.

"Rainbow struggled to get off the ground, but felt a stabbing pain in her wing. It seemed-"
"Yeah, yeah, broken wing. Not interested. SKIP!"
"Pinkie had an unusual grin on her face, her eye twitching manically as she pulled out the egg beater."
"Psychopath Pinkie #28. Not what I want. SKIP!"
"Gilda flapped slowly forward, caressing Dash's wings, the fires of desire in her eyes...."
"Bleh, I'm not that kind of filly! NEXT!"
"Oh, c'mon! This one was getting good!"
"Not interested. SKIP!"
"... fine. AND THEN THEY BOTH F-"
"I SAID SKIP!"
This could be so much fun...

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
Okay, so I was just watching Flutterwonder while getting my lazy flank to do some writing, and I noticed something...odd.

Pause it here, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Why does the flight school have hangars? Seriously, most of the pegasi can fly of their own power, and those are hardly great living quarters compared to Rainbow's cloud mansion over Ponyville. I could see maybe chariots being stored there, but would you really have newbie flyers pulling a big, hulking chariot that usually takes two guards in high physical condition to lift? And while we're on the subject, why runways? Most pegasi have been able to take off from a standing start so far, and the few times we've seen the chariot land it's landed and taken off with little to no distance traveled on the ground. I guess it could make a good training ground, like a football field for groups of new flyers, but it just seems really odd to have those there.

Unless the school is just a front for a massive Equestrian military installation, that is. Then it makes perfect sense.
I think you hit the nail on the head there