Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
The Eldritch Soul parts mixing with each other isn't something I personally mind, as they could all very well be parts from the same demon. It's when they combine with the Body Manipulation that we start to get concerned.

Perhaps we're envisioning his defensive forms being far more useful than you are.
This is possible. I'll try to give you a detailed breakdown of how I envision the powers, and edit Nemo's bio as needed.

Eldritch Soul + Titan Form = Giant demon is actually pretty standard for Take Over magic actually.
Good, this is what I was aiming for. This means I can focus on Body Manipulations and how they interact.

Eldritch Soul + Titan Form + Sludge Form = Okay, so now he's a giant demon ooze monster who is near invulnerable to physical attacks. Replace Sludge Form with Paper Form and now he's a giant demon monster who can fly. Or with Rubber Form now he's a giant demon monster who's near invulnerable physical attacks and can conceivable stretch its limbs. The fact that he has multiple defensive forms to get combinations out of also means that there's multiple ways to defend against a large variety of attacks.
Sludge is not supposed to be immunity damage. Think of a quicksilver blob and how it tends to slide to one side of a blade if you try to cut it - it's hard, but if you're precise enough, you can split it. Likewise, if you smash it with enough force, it'll break. Nemo stays and has to stay in one piece even in Sludge Form, or he'll be injured (as usual). Main advantage of this form is mobility.

Paper makes him hard to hit and allows him to float down safely (he has wings for actual flight), but otherwise doesn't really mitigate damage. Nemo doesn't have much offensive capability in this form due to being so light. Main advantage of this form is stealth.

Rubber retains some flexibility of Sludge while allowing for increased physical strenght and endurance. I don't imagine Nemo actually stretching that much, only to about 1.5 times his original lenght. Rubber makes him near-immune to blunt trauma, but cutting and piercing attacks still work.

Iron makes Nemo's limbs equivalent to weapons, having the highest offense, and protects well from all sorts of physical trauma, having highest defense also. It makes him heavier and slower, thus having worst mobility.

Eldritch Soul + Titan Form + any defensive Form + Life Return = So now whatever damage someone DOES manage to inflict is regenerated? We've officially crossed into monster-movie territory where he really can't be injured but can dish out tons of pain. That's the type of Mage who could conceivably take on all of Fairy Tail at once and win.
As I tried to explain, Life Return is not true regeneration. It doesn't allow Nemo to recreate lost tissue from nothing. If, for example, he lost a limb, he couldn't grow it back - he might be able to reattach it, but if his focus is broken, the limb will fall off again.

I can't really see him taking on a whole guild. Especially the canonical one has way too many powerful elementalists who could obliterate Nemo before he even got to range.

Contrast the proposed alternative, where if he does have to select between Eldritch Soul and his other forms, he still gets several useful defensive forms and one that can heal himself, but it would mean not being able to continue fighting in his full-blown Eldritch Soul in the meantime.
Another alternative: Nemo can combine Titan Form plus one other form with Eldritch Soul, but can't change those forms without dispelling his Take Over first. In addition, using Life Return forces him to deactivate any other Body Manipulations.

Contrast another Take-Over magic user: Mirajane, who is easily S-class and one of the most powerful characters of canon Fairy Tail, but her only demon form is a flying succubus-like-creature with the usual physical boosts and some darkness energy attacks, and even then it has the limitation of only being usable for a duration.
I find Mirajane a poor point of comparison, because while her Take Over is fairly bland, she has loads of unrelated abilities, namely Dark, Sleep, Water and Transformation magic. The second-to-last allows her to lift and manipulate a whole river, and the last allows her to change her appearance and clothes to those of other people, or even other species. Nemo doesn't really compare to that.

I don't know how typical Mirajane is for S-rank, or what is the treshold for being S-rank, but while Nemo's shapeshfting might be more sophisticated, he loses out pretty hard in offense and magnitude of powers.