Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
That's actually a really cool core idea for a game. I think I underestimated you.
yea well….that only came about after I watched that video. I guess I need some knowledge in something before I can design stuff well for it…..

also I'm thinking of this social combat system where a fight is called an "Argument" and in Arguments, you basically make a starting roll to determine how good your beginning argument is. Then you have to achieve one of two win conditions: your argument reaching this 100 percent mark, or your opponent reaching this 0 percent mark, 100 percent means you have made your argument so well that they are convinced that your right and 0 meaning that your argument is so destroyed that you might as well go along with the other guy because you can't come up with anything better.

things like evidence and such can help or hinder arguments, and making rolls to bolster your argument as well or attack the other argument would all be apart of the Arguments.
the methods can range anywhere from honest persuasion to lies and threats to interrogation and intimidation, but doing stupid things like resorting to fallacies or stuff like that count as failing. and of course different methods are more appropriate for different social situations- you are going to have a far harder time of it resorting to more rough and dirty form of tactics in noble courts and such fancy posh places while remaining polite in places like street gangs marks you a coward.

performing music would probably have similar system but one-sided, and some adjustable things depending on how appropriate it is for the situation…
or something like that...