View Single Post

Thread: Scions of Stonehall

1. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Scions of Stonehall

Then at last you understand that no king rules on his own. But just as you depend on your Circle to guide you and temper your actions, the kingdom will depend upon you. I still have some time left yet to settle things before you shall need to serve in my stead, and there is much for you to learn.

You six will be the only ones who know the secret of the Shadowless Stone once I am gone... Elsewise, the secret would die with Jaan and me.

The key to it all is the rune work along the Stone's six sides. You see--

Of a sudden, the ground begins to quake, and the old King stops his speech immediately. This is no earthquake, but a mighty horn, blown from the Stonehall's watchtower. The low sound vibrates the very rock that surrounds them, up through the dwarves' boots, rattling their spines and chattering their teeth.

Hoooooooooooooooom. Blap!

It is one, long tone, followed by a short blast. It can mean only one thing.

Stonehall is under attack. The single short blast tells them that the enemy is goblin in nature. For Forscythe and Asvora, this means a list of protocols and specific battle stations. Once, they would have joined ranks with their brothers at the front gate, but their orders had changed since they became the Prince's bodyguard. Protect His Majesty.

What -- how can this be? Jaan, you told me the roads were secure. What is the meaning of this?

Nightshield says nothing, his face pale.
    Last edited by Human Paragon 3; 2011-11-14 at 09:52 AM.
    Click the spoiler to see all the great games I design:
    Spoiler
    Show

Who Beats Who? the hilariously geeky game of hypothetical battles.

Who has two thumbs (up) and a board game coming out from Rio Grande? This guy. Gladiators (Rio Grande)

PIZZA IN SPAAAAACE! Cambridge Games Facotry and Spoiled Flush Games Cosmic Pizza coming soon.

Matrix Solitaire, likely the best Solitaire game you will ever play.
    Spoiled Flush Games

Twitter... where I talk about game design and beer.