Quote Originally Posted by legomaster00156 View Post
Martians appreciate art? Oh, good, I was worried they'd destroy the museums when they conquer the world.
Well they've got to appreciate something, not like those dirty stinkin' Venusians...

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
I love naming, it's one of my favourite things. My process is to stare at the screen, defocus my mind, and play word association. Just start writing whatever descriptive words come to mind. I collect 5-10 of them and then looking for either audio patterns or feel or sound. What works, what doesn't. Associations and metaphors are brilliant and the more of them that can be invoked the better. There are a few other rests, like how it feels to shout, what the basic attitude and volume is behind the name. How it sounds like when they say it, when someone who hates them says it, when someone who loves them whispers it.
He is also rather good at this sort of thing, having conscripted him for help before.

Phoe's got a standing invite to this game, if she ever stops being crazy busy.

In which case, I'm the weak link to go, so one of you has to run it.
On the one hoof, not sure of her experiences with Mage. On the other, perfect excuse to use Midnight...

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
whut. ;-;
Oh come now, you know I'm joking right? About the vitriol, at least; "Lix Lorn" is a rather frequently given reason for something around here.

Also, ponythread, I AM DISAPPOINT. I went to bed early, and not even ONE page by the time I get back?
Yeah, it's weird. There was like, nothing to respond to for a stretch there. I blam this 'Skyrim' game. You have no idea how tempting it was to say "and LIX LORN".

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
Hmm. Have you considered adding more pony?
Yes! But then I'd have to give up sleep. I mean, I became a pony, so at this point staying awake longer is all I've got left to increase my dosage.

Oooooh, unless I could become two ponies.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
Or her cutie mark just denotes that she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth; To have opportunities that you did not earn but that you have from the influence of your family. Her special talent could very well be capitalizing on her family name and her status, ergo, she got the silver spoon the day she realized she was a stuck up little [REDACTED].
DiamondTiara had a cookie accident, and gained her cutie mark from giving someony a poison apple. Her family, big fairy tale buffs, regale her with her destiny; "for the sake of the plot, DiamondTiara, you are going to have to poison somepony out of jealousy and then get killed."

She takes this seriously. I mean, sure, the 'get killed' part is no fun, but so what, what of it? Everypony dies. Not everypony dies doing something great. DiamondTiara, she will change thecourse of history. She's got one chance, so she's going to make it a good one.

Her butler's daughter, SilverSpoon, earned her cutie mark by preventing several severe cases of food poisoning, and helping DiamondTiara figure out that she only really got one shot, and not to blow it in practice runs.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
*ahem*
Welp. That's going to be in my head all day. Great.
That and the theme for Conan The Adventurer.

We now take you back to your regularly scheduled pony.

Spoiler
Show
Oooh, cute. Saved as reference.
Given leg positioning and muzzle shape, does anypony else think this is one half of a vector, where she's making out with somepony?

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
You know, I'm not sure about that whole "near deific power" thing. She's dispelled magic and teleported before, and she's really, really old, but I'm not sure if she's all that powerful.

Raising the sun is inconclusive! That is, I don't know if it's and accurate measure of her power or not.

Wait, darn it, I just remembered Luna. Ok, nevermind, near deific power it is. I'm not going to just cancel this post because people seem to prefer that there are more of those.

Spoiler
Show
"I'm pretty sure he just wants attention..."
Its a combination of factors. Again, it requires better conception of what a god is that what most people are given without a bit of independent study.

An immortal being who shaped the world as you know it, is patron of your city state, with awesome displays of power, humility and grace; able to create the day As well as effortlessly pull offmagics few mortal ponies have mastered.

How does that not sound like a god?

Trouble is, conception. We have a munch of beliefs based on media which just don't make much sense. For one, 'gods require worship as sustenance' which is patently ridiculous. I never did understand how folks could think Saturn would fall from orbit and time would lose meaning if people stopped believing in it. And there is the D&D "powerful outsider" issue of 'it's a powerful outsider, not a god'. I mean, there comes a point where you have to arbitrarily assign a baseline. It's out of my hands to determine the ontological status of a being of that magnitude, y'know?

Not sure what I think of your thing, Deadly.
Perhaps the harnesses are symbolic? Representative of restraint, and being harnessed for the good of all; the horse is symbolic of running and freedom, but the plow is central to human development. Chariots were important as well; I want to say a sign of royalty but it's from a poon t where military and royalty overlap too much for me to trust my reflexes.

Perhaps like a river, they are 'dammed' to focus their energies, hone them?the sacrifice the Royal Sisters had to make to defeat discord. The power to succeed, at the cost of their freedom. Upon donning their gear, they recorded their cutie marks - symbolic of their now permanent dedication. Ponies have achieved them ever since, through sympathetic resonance.

Hm. Makes sense to me. Also makes sense why Nightmare Moon switched from harness to armor.