@ Cn'or:

1. You never even said where your character was until I poked you to add a location tag, nor did you say your character was examining their surroundings.

2. I have a RL camera sitting in front of me that's smaller than my pinky nail. AMEN has been full of Mad Scientists from the beginning. I can't imagine they'd need visible cameras or potted plants.

3. Even if the field of view wasn't covered, the voices would have carried. Anyone could have been standing around the corner and heard anything that was said. Which brings me to...

4. The OP does mention that the base is alive, and that one of the named NPCs is a spymaster that no one has ever seen.

And finally:

5. Gordon doesn't seem to care that your guys aren't evil anyway.

Basically, if you wander into someone's base and start talking about how you don't really believe in their core principles, but you hope to get resources out of them, you should take care that your conversation is not overheard. Doubly or triply so if said organization is EEEEEEVIL and has no qualms about dropping you in a valcano.

If you'd posted that your character was being careful not to be overheard, then I wouldn't have had Pink overhear you. But then again, Seltz also told everything to someone she just met, without any way of knowing they weren't about to backstab her, so I didn't think that she was a careful person.

@ Bright: Nicely written.