Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
Watching it, and enjoying it. The latest episode was a bit slow, but it had some nice character moments.

I'm not seeing a lot of stupidity in the show, a few of the character's aren't very smart, sure, but they're offset (and outnumbered) by the more capable characters.
Spoilers of stupidity below from season 2:
Spoiler
Show

Oh look, a zombie in a well. Well, obviously, we'll just dangle one of our people on a rope down to him as "bait". We won't actually discuss our options, we'll just do that since it's so clearly brilliant. We won't even bother to discuss why we're baiting him, since he very clearly isn't going anywhere. Oh, we also won't bother to check the strength of ANYTHING we use for this plan, or consider how to actually get the zombie out.

Oh look, vehicles. We are going to comment on how it's clearly dangerous, then scatter like we're at the mall. No, nobody should go with the kids, they're clearly fine on their own in a dangerous situation in a zombie wasteland. Scouting is obviously a waste of time, even if you have things like a motorcycle.

Oh hey, everyone in the entire *censored* world has told me not to take the shot. My buddies went out to the target. They have lowered their guns and are talking with him. Looks like it's time to blast him!

Despite people dying from doing this all the damned time, we're going to keep wandering off in the woods by ourselves.

Also, children should always be part of scouting teams, etc. Especially if they beg you. Being eaten by zombies would probably make a good bonding experience.

The amount of time Shane spent killing Otis and getting his stuff, they both could have easily made it out. This kinda makes the whole thing pointless.

Also, sending the fat guy on a dangerous mission is probably not a great call.

Everyone acts like the asian kid, one of the few reliably competent people, doesn't exist at all until they need someone to loot for them. It's just...mind boggling. He doesn't even get mentioned in places where they're determining who does what.

Their new host doesn't bother to tell them to avoid the barn. He's quite cool with imposing rules, but doesn't bother to hide what is incessantly foreshadowed as his secret.

Back in first season:

Oh look, zombies follow noise! I'll use this very loud car to make them all follow me to get out of scrapes. Then, without disabling the noise, I'm going to gleefully drive back to our camp. EVERYONE will promptly forget that the zombies follow this exact source of noise.

Our camp will not bother with walls, guards for any time when drama is happening, lights, fences, or anything tougher than a nylon tent.

Oh look, zombies all around me. I'll just ignore them, and go further into the city. The city with a million frigging danger signs outside it indicating everyone is dead. Clearly, an ever increasing number of zombies does NOT mean I should go back. Or deal with them. No, ignoring them is clearly a win.

Nobody bothers to take even the slightest precautions to avoid infection. Even ignoring that they don't know the whole zombie thing(which should result in MORE paranoia and caution) for most of the season, any normal person interacting with dead bodies should normally attempt to avoid having blood say, all over his face. If it happens, at least make an effort to wipe it off. I'm not asking for gas masks and chem suits, just a little basic sanitation and hygiene.

Women are incompetent when facing zombies. All of them turn into gender stereotyped helpless wrecks. This grates on me, especially compared to the comics. I'd like the women to be at least equally rational with the men, as opposed to being controlled entirely by emotions.

Nobody ever thinks of, or even discusses, possible solutions to zombies. I don't require that these be good ideas...but it'd be nice to see them say, at least discuss the possibility of a fence, and shoot it down for lack of materials or something.

Also, they didn't learn the "Don't split the party" rule in the first season either. Note that MONTHS have elapsed, and they are still wandering off by themselves.