1. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Post Re: Walking Dead- Season Two (Probably will be spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    How so? He isn't particularily drawn to danger, and the group has at least tried to obey the other rules Herschel laid down. I feel like "don't go in the barn, I have fragile stuff in there" or whatever would be taken with far less resistance than "no guns, I don't like em". And they went along with that.
    Rick went along with that and forced the others to as well. I don't think Glenn would expect Rick to find out about his little tryst.

Flares, plural. Which they used in advance, simultaneously, in the same area, while keeping none back? Clearly, even this implied plan is obviously sketchy.
    *Shrugs* They needed to make sure they made a big enough show to get and keep all the walkers' attention.

It's not really addressed where he is. He doesn't seem to play any active part in the searching.
    Shane leaves before Herschel's daughter returns with Lori. Glenn is there when Herschel's daughter finds Lori. Thus, Glenn is not around to go with Shane, even if he would have been able to help.

Speaking of the searching, I love that Rick goes off about how dammit, he needs to stay behind and search for the missing girl. Then, instead, he chills in the church and talks to the statue jesus instead. Good work there, buddy.
    So a character having a religious moment is being stupid and wasting time now. Great...

It is not conventionally considered appropriate to have fairly young children on their own for extended periods of time. Addition of zombies and firearms to the situation does not make this assessment safer. Young children are also not noted for their capability in scouting or combat scenarios. This does not seem like an appropriate starting point for helping.
    When was Carl searching for Sofia on his own? He was with Shane and Rick.

Some of the time. With one guy at a time, who promptly stops paying attention whenever anything dramatic is happening. Also, people routinely wander off into the woods and such by themselves. Also, the woods are right next to camp, so it's not like the watcher can do that much good, especially at night. It's not like they lit it up or anything.
    Which is smart, because light would have just attracted walkers. Not a lot they could have done about that.

This all adds up to "essentially no defense against zombies, at your long term camp, in a zombie apocalypse" That's a sufficiently poor plan that nobody on this forum would come up with it even in a casual "what if" zombie discussion.
    Again, not a lot they could do about it.

Or something. Animals exist too. The point is, a zombie DID get over the fence. At that point, you HAVE to realize that they can get over it, and should behave appropriately.
    Like by keeping watch like they do?
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2011-11-17 at 12:43 PM.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.