Sayaka

Sayaka shook her head. "I helped make a compass for him. And then I helped to fight and destroy hollows. I don't think it was determination." She frowns. "I just wanted to help. But I betrayed my training and teaching. Is that good?" She shakes her head.

"No. Maybe my father is wrong sometimes. But he is right about many things too. I am a connection to the divine in our world. I have responsibilities I shouldn't betray."
She looked at Hasunaga.

"I am to walk a middle line. That's the path to make a balance. I helped save the lives of some. Izumi's sister, Mr. Watanabe's parents, and Ren's little sister. But I helped destroy spirits also, and I didn't stop my friends from that. Maybe it seems ok at the time. But now?"

She looked ahead.
"Mr. Watanabe wants to make the group like a military. He wants to defend everyone with his powers. But he doesn't think of me and others as friends. Even if we help him, we are just useful. A tool is useful."

She sighs.

"I am not a Quincy. This sect is about neutrality. To balance and find harmony. Hollows exist for reasons that aren't human fault. Youkai also. This is a world full of spirits and things. To destroy any of it is not ok. But especially it cannot become a war of humans. That is just arrogance of humans."

"But what can I do? I can't stop classmates from fighting. I can't teach them anything. I've tried! That first night I was too weak to protect them in the school. If I could have, maybe none of this would have happened.
I can't do by myself. The gods I serve to won't allow it. Shrine Maidens are tools. Maybe my sister would disagree of that. But it is true. I have responsibilities too. So you can say determination, but if I knew determination, I think I could find more answers."