1. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Soft Serve's Syllabus of Monster Classes. (3.5) taking requests!

Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    Since you're looking for feedback, I figured I'd do a little bit to help.

Drakkensteed

Breath Weapon Is this meant to be an at-will, no recharge ability? Because if so, I might suggest lowering it to either 1d8/2 HD, or 1d6/2 HD, to keep it closer in line with the DFA. Considering the fact that it's got only three levels that it invests in the breath weapon, with plenty of room for multiclassing, whereas the DFA has to stay in for 18-20 levels to get its best options, including invocations and breath effects, and the fact that the Drakkensteed gets a bunch of neat things as well, I'd think about lowering it.
    Gah. Drakkensteed has apparently been my sloppiest work yet.

It's supposed to be a 1d4 recharge time. I'll edit that in. It was also supposed to be per 2 HD, so I apparently just didn't click on the "2" key hard enough.

Pegasus No real complaints about this particular racial path, though I'd consider allowing the wings to give a bonus to jump checks, so that Warblade multiclassing becomes more attractive.
    Alright. Good idea.

Warhorse Couldn't hurt to give the Drakkensteed full BAB if they take the Warhorse path. Only gives them a +1 BAB, but it's nice at first level.
    Alright. Seems reasonable.

Trample I'd recommend stating that trample attack damage increases in size with you, elsewise it quickly becomes less relevant,since you can't PA with it. Additionally, I'd base the save off of strength, but that's just because it makes more sense to me.
    Alright, I'll edit that in.

Growth The problem with growth without stat boosts is that you lose a lot of to-hit, and become a lot *easier* to hit. I'd recommend, to counterbalance this just a tad, giving the Warhorse an enhancement bonus to its natural weapons scaling with HD.
    Eh, I guess that'd be okay.

Unicorn Looks pretty nice all-around, maybe include a clause that each level in Drakkensteed Unicorn counts towards half a level in sorcerer/cleric/paladin for casting?
    These are considered almost universally a bad idea. This was also the problem with the previous versions of Illurien and a lot of other monster classes.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-11-22 at 01:11 PM.