View Single Post

Thread: Battle Royale III: Frenemy mine.

1. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Battle Royale III: Frenemy mine.

To expand on Forum Explorer, here's how I see the matchup:

Luffy vs Fighter: Fighter can block anything if he tries; he once blocked the ground when he was falling from an exploding castle. He also gets stabbed in the head repeatedly by BM (he gets better) and at the only real fight he ever has with BM, he gets Evil Dark Tendril'd when he turns his back (though it is implied he could have blocked them were he still facing BM). Luffy has the speed to make his attacks very hard to dodge (Enel and Sandersonia could both read his mind and predict his attacks, yet failed to move their own bodies fast enough to react) and even when blocked can send people through walls (Lucci and Marigold). Fighter could probably block the wall, though. Luffy is also vulnerable to swords. Haki powers can do some crazy stuff, especially against the weak-willed, but Fighter has used his stupidity as a weapon in the past.

Edge: probably Fighter, especially if he blocks with the edge rather than the flat (Don Kreig etc). Haki's a potential game-changer though.

Crocodile vs Fighter - Fighter can block anything, which might include a sandstorm. However he should be quite vulnerable to the giant Ant Lion trap (which Crocodile used on Luffy the first time he left him for dead); even with his Drownball skills, I don't see him getting out without offscreen teleportation. Swords also do nothing to Crocodile unless they are wet with water/blood; so assuming he's not one-shotted by getting swallowed by the ground, Fighter would have to bloody his swords by either hitting Luffy or BM first (or Sword-Chucking himself).

Edge: Crocodile. Sandstorm gets blocked, sword counterattack does nothing, open hole ftw.

Luffy vs BM: Hadoken could win the fight instantly, but a running gag is how often it misses (including missing an entire mountain iirc). Luffy's highly resistant to force, but assuming there's heat involved it's probably lethal. If it misses, the only other spells I recall BM casting are Fire/Ice/Lightning nukes ("spending a spell slot on Feather Fall is a slot not spent on apocalyptic doom!"). Fire could work if it hits (Gear Second). Ice was shown to work well when used by an Admiral (but that was pre gear-second). Lightning Luffy is immune to. Should be a fast battle; either Luffy gets fragged by a omg-it-actually-hit Hadoken, or the followup fire/ice; or he dodges everything (or ignores lightning) and Jet Pistols BM's face. (it would be hilarious if he Blue Mage'd this by the way; if it works like Sarda's intestine spell, I would expect BM's arm to rip off when cast!)

Edge: Dice rolls.

Crocodile vs BM: If Hadoken is pure force, Croc scatters, reforms, kills BM (or scatters, kills BM, reforms). If it has heat, it could in theory turn Croc to glass, a situtation that's never come up in One Piece but should be possible. Or it could miss. Fire and Lightning could similarly work; Ice could also theoretically form enough condensation to leave Croc vulnerable. Sand slice should have the range that he might get a shot off between the Hadoken and the followup though.

Edge: Dice, and physics (CatGirl--).

Total: Really comes down to if Hadoken hits or misses (and if it's just a shockwave or not; BM did save everyone from falling by cancelling their momentum with it, and nobody was melted). Croc can handle Fighter easily, and BM's pretty squishy if 2v1'd by opponents with speed/range. Rule of Funny probably beats Plot Armor though ><

I think One Piece would theoretically win the round, but get knocked out in the following rounds by more versatile opponents; Fighter's ability to win fights be being too stupid to know it's impossible would give him a way to win ANY fight in the following rounds, a skill that's quite valuable when a lot of matchups care about Unstoppable Force vs Immovable Object power comparisons.
    Last edited by turbo164; 2011-12-02 at 12:52 PM.