1. - Top - End - #337
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Oh damn it all.

RPG LP is updated to Minecraft 1.0. Sort of. I've got crippling, crippling lag in my LP world. However, new worlds are fine. Mostly fine. I'm still only getting half the FPS I used to, but it is still a very playable 50 or so FPS, versus the 5 or so my established world is getting.

A reinstall didn't help, Optifine made things worse, I'm now going into MCEdit and see if I've got like a bazillion cows standing around somewhere or a corrupted chunk or something.

I am NOT a happy camper atm.

Edit : @###$%#W%@$%@#$@@$

Ok, found the problem. I am now REALLY not happy.

1.0 Minecraft added a whole bunch of new vanilla blocks. Which mean new BlockIDs, BlockIDs, coincidentally, that were being used by some mods. Like the Fossil mod that I am using. In 1.8.1, the Fossil mod was using BlockID 111 for the fossil blocks you'd mine. That BlockID is now being used by lily pads. So every last fossil block in my old world just magically turned into lily pads, and since they weren't in water, dropped to the ground as items.

This would only be a minor inconvenience, except that there are roughly 50 bazillion of them. Guess what happens when you have a metric ton of items lying around on the ground? Yeah. Crippling lag.

There is good news, and bad news. The good news is that if I wait around for 5 or so minutes the lily pads will despawn, and the lag will clear up. The bad news is this cycle will repeat for every explored chunk on my new map (new chunks won't have the problem, as the updated Fossil mod moved that BlockID) The worse news is that this effectively cripples the Fossil mod, as all the fossils I could mine in the explored section of the world... are now gone.

I could revert to 1.8.1, but this just delays the problem, not fix it. In fact, I CAN'T fix this problem.

Well, maybe I can't. I'm going to try something, see if it works. If it does, I can carry my progress into a new map, if not....
    Last edited by Iskandar; 2011-12-03 at 12:53 PM.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q