Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
Oh come on.. because the character is morally ambiguous enough to serve as both a hero and a villain... he doesn't get to play in the tourney? He isn't really a hero *or* a villain, so he gets screwed over by the nomination system.
I would have voted for him as a villain in preference to Green Goblin, because Red Son is probably the most interesting thing Millar has written. To kick him out in favour of a one note loser like Rictus is just crazy.

The idea that Superman is too powerful for this is also an odd one. I count at least a dozen characters at or above Superman's power level so far and we haven't even finished the first round yet.
Ah but are any of them the property of two universes? You have seen all 128 characters in this tourney. Every single one of them is the property of their own universe alone, with no others in this royale (except for the whole kingdom hearts thing which is a mix anyway). Superman is DC. Slapping a label of "Soviet" on him does not change his universe. As you can tell I've been busy lately. I haven't noticed the mistakes people made in nomination. If I had, I would have said "Superman is DC. He stays in DC.". When I put Mark Millar in there I thought it would be like Alan Moore. People would vote for characters from the Authority. Wanted. Kick Ass. Nemesis. And they did.
If you can find a good counter argument to that, I'll put "Soviet" Superman in there (which gives Mark Millar a free pass, but that's how it is).