1. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Soft Serve's Syllabus of Monster Classes. (3.5) taking requests!

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    My main problem is that because it doesn't gain casting or offensive combat features, it mostly gains utility.
    Knowing Blade, Knowledge absorption, Knowledge devotion, and Induced Amnesia all work as offensive abilities. Though, I admit she could use some ranged ones as well. Also, there's nothing wrong with utility. Isn't that pretty much the Rogue's job description?
    The problem is it'd be better to play almost anything else for those 15 levels, or maybe take Illurien for a few levels to qualify for some class (I'd take usually around 5-7 levels, 7 if I wanted flight). Otherwise I'd just use it for a 1 level dip to get Outsider status and an NA boost...
    How would it be better to play almost anything else for those 15 levels? And how does the outsider type help you? Unless there's something that specifically requires the outsider type to qualify for, it doesn't strike me as that helpful and it would actually be detrimental in some cases.

Also, can you please explain why you would only take 5-7 levels? It'll help me address problems better if you go into a bit more detail about what's wrong, or what I could do to make higher levels more attractive.

Edit: Just FYI, since I'm going to be making a monster class for the "From Folklore" contest, I'll probably only be releasing one monster this month, and it's one I specifically had in mind for this month. It wasn't one that was requested.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-12-06 at 01:34 AM.