Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine View Post
Pewter with Feruchemy has a similar balancing problem as with Allomancy, however there should be a break cut for the melee folks. I suggest something more like: Pewter Ferrings may only increase their strength modifier by +5 before diminishing returns. Every five modifiers increases the number of charges spent per point of modifier. Size increases every five modifiers after five. Every two modifiers after five reduces your dexterity by 1.

Mind you, it's not all cleaned up, but I think you can see where I'm going with it.
I think that's fair. So, going with my second pewter option (the one in italics), you can spend a charge to get +1 mod to STR, and compress as many additional charges as it takes to get your current mod up to +5. After that, it takes 2 charges per +1, up to +10, then it costs 3 charges per +1. Is that right? And I think there should be a cap, the human body can only get so big.

One thing that's been bothering me is the lack of any defensive boosters for Feruchemy. I don't think that was Sanderson's intention; more of a feature of trying to port it to 3.5 rules. Since pewter gives allomancers a boost to STR and some damage reduction, I was wondering if we shouldn't make pewter give a natural armor bonus? Or maybe some extra temporary Hit Points? Also, I think that tapping steel for speed or zinc for mental quickness should grant a small insight bonus to AC, what do you think?