The boy was heavy, but Moroes' element of surprise allowed her to do just as she intended to without a hitch, and the only sound he made was when he struck the water; a sound which was heard by nobody but Moroe. His body was quickly carried away by the current, and had just vanished into a drain when Moroe would have caught sight of a of university-age girls in the distance. They had the appearance of highly educated, affluent individuals; finely dressed and even carrying books in their arms, at a distance they would have appeared to be discussing some complex and erudite matter. However, upon reaching actual hearing distance, their conversations were fairly atypical of girls their age, and fairly mundane.

"Gosh, I heard Yuriko-senseis' son went missing the other night..."

"Yeah, me too-Apparently he disappeared in a Skill-Out district or something...That was really stupid of him, those places really are trouble, no two ways about that."

"What!? That's terrible...I hope they find him. But surely you don't mean Mogami Jounouchi-kun? Wasn't he a level three Esper? I don't think a bunch of powerless nobody Skill-Outs could have taken him down without being caught... "

"Yeah, that's what I thought, but his ruffian friends said that some giant mutant wild animals attacked them or something...Crazy, I know, but what can you expect of Skill-Outs?"

"Mmmhmm. Well, in less frightening news, Kana-chan, have you heard?"

"Heard what?"

"Ashikaga Kensuke-sama is back in town!"

There was a high-pitched squeal of joy amongst all three of them that was somewhat painful to the ear.

"Wow, really!?"

The girl who was presumably Kana sighed dreamily, pressing both palms to her cheeks. Whoever this 'Kensuke' was was clearly very popular, at least amongst members of the opposite sex, and Kana obviously had aspirations regarding him, to the vexation of her peer.

"Kana-chan, I'm going to be honest with you-Kensuke is a world-class lawyer and the son of Ashikaga Yoshiharu-sama. He's probably not only too busy for the likes of us, but has much higher expectations in women...Besides which, even in the remote chance that you do get together, he'll never be around for you, and is that what you want?"

Kana let out a great sigh of defeat.

"I suppose you're right. Still, a girl can dream, can't she?"

"...Meh."

And then their conversation wandered off to a completely irrelevant set of theaters, amongst them a discussion of which was worse-A boyfriend who was obsessed about cars or a boyfriend who was obsessed with videogames. By now, they had solidly passed Moroe and very soon their discussions would be inaudible to the human ear.