1. - Top - End - #337
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

Quote Originally Posted by Green-Shirt Q View Post
    Alright, so I got all the permission I need, but ABR: Dark Times Become Us isn't going to be made for a little bit because my artist has a lot of other writing projects, art, and homework she needs to do, but a couple months after Christmas she says this'll take top priority. SO it'll be sometime then.

In the meantime, I have sort of a dilemma with the story. What would you guys rather see?

1. a story that takes place inbetween FFF and FI (serving to explain the massive differences in setting, tone, and all the other changes that happened before at the same time as the story is happening),

2. a selective continuity that only aknowledges the cool, insteresting parts of FFF but branches off on it's own path at the end, ignoring the set up of FI,

or 3. a vauge, uninvolved continuity that just takes the characters on a new story, much like the non-canon comics in ABR. In a reimagined version of Avbaroy.

Keep in mind, this is meant to attract new readers. 1 might help set up and attract new memebers to FI, but at the same time the continuity might scare new artists away. This is supposted to be an introduction, afterall. 2 would be my favourite one from a story writing perspective, but I don't know if the supporters of FI would take kindly of it being retconed and I wanted to ask you guys first. 3 would be the simplest option, but it doesn't really feel right to me to have preexisting characters with continuity completely ignored.

Help? Any ideas? I have a basic storyline already planned that I'll cram into whichever one of these I end up going with, but I'm having trouble deciding on the setting.
    I like the 2nd and 3rd option myself, we'll do FI ourselves eventually
    Also, I guess most characters already have their backstories set up during those 15 years. For example "The Journey home" plot is still canon part of backstory for Skimmer.
    New story based on the cool aspects of previous plot(s) sounds awesome.
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2011-12-09 at 03:15 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show