Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
She bumps into a man wearing a mask who promptly draws his daggers.
Okay, singingnoodle? I've been mostly avoiding your posts, since they were, up until this one, harmless and in threads I haven't posted in. This one though, and any like it, violates the rules Nexus FFRP follows about godmodding.

I'm not sure whether you have read much before jumping right in, but before you continue I recommend reading FFRP central's opening post, and anything else you think would help clear up what you've done wrong here.

Some good advice in general to follow.

1. No godmodding. You can say what your character does, but not how others react to it without the player's permission. If you haven't asked for permission, then assume you don't have it. It is always up to the reacting player whether or not something happens to their character.

2. Always use locations tags in threads that require them. Most of the bars don't, but otherwise it can be assumed that you should be using them. It helps clear up where your character is at all times.

3. Try to use proper formatting. It goes a long way to make your posts readable if you don't mash words together and keep everything on one line.

4. Perhaps add more description to your posts. This helps others decide whether or not they want to react to a character you introduce. It isn't necessary, and I've seen people get by without it, but it is a big help to people who want to know more about a character than their gender and what instrument they're carrying before they post.

5. Read the OP of a thread you intend to post in. It always helps to have a clear idea of where you're putting a character when you post, and what Out of Character rules the thread follows. For example, The Gambling League of Gambling requires people to submit to a search and hand over all weapons before entering. Your character showed up in the middle of a show plucking a fiddle with no buildup. Similarly Mallside is a non-combat thread, as well as Temperance Teahouse. These are things you can only find out by reading the opening posts of those threads, which explain things in more detail than I can here.

6. Happyturtle's links. Happy has provided two links to the tools you need to get started with FFRP, including the stickied FFRP Central thread I mentioned earlier. Both of these are great guides for beginners, or things to touch up on if you're foggy on the rules.

7. Have fun with it. There are rules yes, but it's still Freeform. Let it suck you in and you'll have a ball.