View Single Post

Thread: [Nexus] CURATOR I: The Evil Has Landed

1. - Top - End - #391
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] CURATOR I: The Evil Has Landed

[Lake]

Heave-ho! Down the middle pillar goes! It should have been quite difficult to budge. A tremendous ton of suction had held it in place. The room within was quite obviously pressurized, almost like an airlock on a naval vessel.

As expected, as soon as the seal is shoved aside, the lake begins to drain. It falls two or three feet, no less! A vortex of water forms above the entrance to the ancient complex, much like those of a bathtub after the stopper has been tugged out.

This might result in the brave adventurers being sucked into the shrine forcefully as the interior of the structure floods (unless Aurea is in her dragon form, in which case she might plug the entrance)! Liz spins down the black tunnel in terror and confusion!

The tunnel is smooth without grooves upon which to snag clothing or cause injury. It is curved sharply at points. A mechanical whirring can be heard blasting out of the trembling, strained material.

Where do the defilers emerge? The entrance tube empties into an enormous titanium chamber bathed in an alarming flashing red light and filled with about a half a foot of icy water. High-pitched emergency sirens wail above. The walls pulse with alien energies. There are two exits to this room. Both are metal hatches locked with horizontal crossbars that have sunk into the ceiling.

-------
    [CURATOR HQ - PC/Computer Room]

Kenneth will likely catch sight of a little girl and a tiny lizard attempting to operate a computer console! The little girl hasn't noticed him yet. They appear to be intently examining a map being displayed on the computer screen.

The little girl, Lintha, speaks to the lizard,

"I don't know. This is a map, right? Doesn't that mean you need to go explore the area that is indicated by this map?"
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-12-10 at 02:14 PM.