View Single Post

Thread: [Nexus] Inside 41

1. - Top - End - #642
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 41

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Masks Temple

Ah, but Xifra's being confined by her own request. Sort of like checking oneself into a rehab centre.

She clings to Jack, her hands and mouth wandering, trying to seduce him, turning on the Notice Me aura to make herself nearly irresistible to any normal man. Of course Jack is far from normal. "I'll make it worth your while. I've learned so much here."

But at the same time that the Object "thinks" (if it can be said to have volition and thought) that it is controlling the situation, she manages to slip out a telepathic cry to him. Why did you do this to me? I want it gone! I want to be clean! The emotional tone is one of desperation and hopelessness - very much in contrast with her words and actions.
    Jack, gods help him, considers giving into her advances. He attempts to pick her up and push her against the wall, a combination of lust and taut restraint swirling in his gut. His mouth hovers near hers, but his hands try to hold her arms, keep them in place. The wizard would be hating himself, if he were a better man to begin with, but Jack hasn't quite reached that stage. "Xifra."

In his fit of temptation, he sees a solution. If he attempted to take Cruelty now, it would be a fight. One that might destroy Xifra's mind. So give the Object what it wants - make it think it's won. Once it's guard is down, he'll enter her open mind and extract the malevolent entity. Quick as he can.

The fact that this gives him an excuse to pull the curtain is... well. As I've said, he hasn't quite reached a stage where guilt is a major factor in his decision-making.

Jack leans in to kiss her, hands leaving her wrists to relieve Xifra of her robe. Apparently giving in. Unless stopped, Jack will pull the curtain in short order, and begin weaving a psychic snare around Cruelty. He's delicate about it, for once treating the human mind like the fragile thing it is.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-12-11 at 07:53 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters