Quote Originally Posted by ShadowySilence View Post
I keep telling myself to finish those doodles and then I never actually get to it. What did you use when drawing?

I vectored my character for a game of ponyfied GURPS that will be starting up soon.
Spoiler
Show

The shield doesn't really make sense to use, but oh well. My main concern is the wing, I have never vectored a wing before so I wasn't sure if the shape was quite right.
Sorry for the late reply

I used several different media for the line practice because I had them lying around. There's a couple different pencils, HBs and 3B or 4B I think, as well as charcoal sticks, a sanguine stick, and an india ink pen. I discovered that I really like the feel of drawing with charcoal sticks, at the very least.

Also, in regard to the pony, you could try making his wing just a bit smaller, but other than that, I don't see many issues; he looks pretty good overall.

Quote Originally Posted by legomaster00156 View Post
Hi. I would like to know if anyone could draw one or both of my personal OC's. I will tell about their Cutie Marks and basic personality (to help determine a pose). I don't really care if the art isn't show-quality (although that would be awesome), since pretty much anything is better than what I would do.

Goldrings
He's mostly a nice stallion, but he's occasionally overconfident. If he sets out to do something, he does it. His Cutie Mark exemplifies this, by literally being two golden rings looped together firmly.

Manalight (young)
Manalight was Celestia's last pupil before Twilight Sparkle. She is very kind and humble, due to years of being the student of the ruler of Equestria. She is, as a near-prerequisite for the position, highly intelligent. Her Cutie Mark is the magic Cutie Mark; the same as Twilight Sparkle's.
Hmm, I'm afraid my pony backlog is getting a bit long. If no one else in the thread can take it, you might consider checking out the pony avatar thread in this subforum (MLP: Avatar is Magic, is the title I believe). Thanqol is also looking for ponies to draw, I think so you could try flagging him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakuel View Post
*Pokes thread*

Looks great! You should do Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion too.

It's been a week or two and I decided I had put off drawing for far too long.

Spoiler
Show
It's a picture of Big Mac fighting the Cutie Mark Crusaders for Miss Smarty Pants. The picture is full of flaws and I really don't care for it. Especially dealing with pony (and horse) body structure. But whatever, practice makes perfect. It was a personal challenge and I guess that's what matters.
Ponies are off model of course.

Must draw more!
I think your picture looks quite good! The only things I'd mention are that Big Mac's body does look a bit small and is bent a little oddly. Also, there seems to be something a little strange about the perspective of his hooves; it seems like they should maybe tilt forward a bit more?

Anyway, that is a neat picture, and I look forward to your next stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
Totally did this . Though, I noticed I tend to draw ponies in profile. I should probably work on other directions too at some point...

Spoiler
Show

Larger versions in spoiler (warning, they're kinda big):
Spoiler
Show

I had a lot of trouble trying to make Virizion look ...well, pony-ish. Its head is very oddly shaped, so I opted for the "total symbolism makeover" and changed the oddly curved horns to swirls in its mane and tail, its weird neck-leaf thing into a scarf, and its hoof-boots into leg ornaments. The other two are drawn at least a tiny bit more faithfully to the original Pokemon.
I'm liking the poke-ponies! The last one might possibly need to be a hair taller, but otherwise they look good! I would recommend drawing different poses though, as it's good practice and helps you get a solid feel for how ponies should look from every angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakuel View Post
Some none pony art today.
Spoiler
Show

Thanks to ponies, my humanoid practice has been off. I tried to fix it today by drawing one OC. A Byzantine-ish, knight, woman. The image is boring, I need to do something ambitious tomorrow.
Nice! I'm curious to see what she'd look like once cleaned up and colored!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
I'm totally neglecting this thread :( I'm sorry

Anyway, a little sketch I did of Applecora. It's not terribly great, full of errors and lacking details, but its only purpose is to be computerized and edited the hay out of anyway.

Spoiler
Show
Yay! Deadly shipping sketches! I'm interested to see how these turn out...and Applecora is an excellent name

Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
Looks like my class notes from highschool.
I see plenty of... cross hatching, I think it's called? for shadowing, I think? I used it a lot for shadow effects on my older drawings...
Yeah, cross-hatching was one of the things on the list to play around with, although I haven't used it much in the past myself. I'm trying to include more shading in some of the things I draw, but right now I'm really only passable with linework and basic shapes...