Quote Originally Posted by Dragnar View Post
Actually... Lunars picked their own castes originally. They cycled through them with the moon's phases when they first exalted, before settling into one that fit them best. The wyld took 5 options and reduced them to 3. With external tattoos needed to actually pick.
The Wyld didn't take 5 options and reduce them to 3. The Wyld took away five constraints. At one point, there were absolutely no Castes. Then this freedom gave Lunars the ability to make their own Castes. Unfortunately, the Lunars of the Silver Pact decided to recreate two in the pale image of previous Castes. But they made a new one!

Sure, the simpletons of the Silver Pact are stuck in tradition, and only feel safe in doling out these three Castes. But that doesn't mean that other Lunars couldn't innovate and make their own, with their own Caste Attributes and Anima Powers and what have you.

Either that, or we could sit around and moan and complain to no actual benefit. That's actually a perfectly valid course of action. One that I can get behind (I'm not being sarcastic, I promise). Either way - I don't really care about Lunars. I have no stock one way or the other whether they suck, but I think this is more interesting. And while Exalted has a rich history of choosing the suck path over the interesting one, this is my two cents anyway.