Quote Originally Posted by Deepbluediver View Post
I love seeing fighter fixes.

2 comments though:
While I love all the variety in the Combat focuses, are you sure the +1 bonuses are enough to keep players interested at higher levels? You specifically put it lots of rules to prevent stacking, but that also limits the ability to scale, I think. Frankly, given what some other classes can do, the ability to stack/abuse special abilities might be helpful, and not that unbalanced, comparatively.

The second thing: what differentiates one fighter from another? I realize not every class needs to have half-a-dozen paths laid out, but maybe there should be some way to improve certain focuses depending on the fighters specialization.

Just things I was thinking about; if I ever get around to writing up my own fighter fix I might steel some of your ideas for bonuses.
To address your first point: Aside from Focused Strikes, the passive powers do scale, providing a +1 bonus for each focus power the fighter possesses. This works out to a +5 bonus at level 20, but it also makes any passive powers taken at high levels attractive because you'll still be getting a higher bonus.

For example, if a fighter takes Focused Stability at level 4, that's a +1 bonus to his CMD as long as he's focused. By level 8, regardless of what he picks, Focused Stability's bonus becomes +2. If he were to take another passive power, like Deft Opportunist, that one would would also be up to +2 because he has two total focus powers.

I didn't scale Focused Strikes because the fighter already has Weapon Training as well as (almost) exclusive access to Weapon Specialization. Those, plus feats like Vital Strike and Power Attack, as well as weapon enchantments, do a perfectly fine job of increasing damage.

As for the second point, I think that the passive powers scaling as I described address it nicely. The other powers that allow or force rerolls, provide extra attacks under certain circumstances, improve mobility or defense, or further increase the fighter's versatility (which was already greatly improved by being able to swap out old feats for new ones) provide plenty to differentiate one fighter from another.