1. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Kingdom is in Peril- So Let's Take Over!

Steadying herself against the wall, Alena stared at the marble spire, studying the inscription, examining the engravings. Her gaze never leaving it, she gave a faint, wry, yet regretful smile.

"I wonder if that will ever be us," she murmured to Guardian, "Forgotten in time, but for a sign on a plaque."

She turned back to her companion, eyes full of sadness, not for the first time, about the death of her family, but burning with the fires of her ancestor, St. Cuthbert, God of Retribution.

"Perhaps we should leave now," she considered Guardian's question, "After all, we have a war to begin, but we're chasing shadows. We're waging war on something we don't even know the identity of. So lets stay for a while. I've not had the chance to relax since... that night... and I hear that this is a city with a lot to do. We can worry about war in the morning."

She grinned at Guardian, her philosophical, tactical side gone. Now, she was like the 21 year old noble she really was again. The assassination had not taken all of her young life. She detached herself from the wall, and limped forward slowly, finding the balance necessary to pick up a little speed with her well-wrought cane. Hearing the person crying, she hobbled over to see what was wrong.
    Last edited by Jzadek; 2011-12-19 at 08:02 PM.