Quote Originally Posted by Bakuel View Post
Your right on that! I tried fulling around with the mouth before but whenever I tried fixing it, then the snout would look weird. Finally I chose the lesser evil. If I was more careful during the pre-drawing stage, this would have never happened! Honestly though, half of the time on this one was spent fooling around with Applejack's face. I went into it expecting Winona's design to be hard and Applejack to be easy. It turned out to be the other way around.
Not to blabber, but at the end I almost swore that Rarity would be my new favorite pony. Until I attempted her hair of course.
But live and learn. My next will be better.

I'm happy you think it's adorable though, it's good to know my attempt at a softer scene didn't fall completely flat!
Yeah, it always seemed to me that out of the two kinds of dogs we have seen so far, for whatever reason the one on all fours seems the hardest to draw. Amusingly, I do belive that the show itself is suffering from the same issues you are with the facial structure of the ponies, juging from the unholy facial expressions we have gotten this season.