View Single Post

Thread: [Nexus] Home 10

1. - Top - End - #453
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 10

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Mithar Keep - Library

Since golems such as Kashi don't exist in terms of normal magic, the method for creating something similar would have to be reverse engineered by studying Kashi at a very close level. He seems to be a mishmash of alchemy and some form of magical animal husbandry. Both types of magic require a very powerful mage to achieve such a result, and a very precise one to combine them so well together.

The magic used in his creation is most easily compared to mortal dream magic, which bypassed both the need for power and precision by directly ripping the desired result from another person's subconcious. Usually, even this wouldn't be able to force such a thing into reality, but then the one responsible wasn't entirely normal.

All of these things are evident enough the Cessie should be able to find them out without very extensive research, but it won't give her any easy answers on how to replicate the feat.

Kashi, denied access to her books, opts to try to lay down at her feet under the table, curled up. As time wears on, he'll nudge his way closer to her instictually. Unless she does something, he'll probably end up on top of her feet, content and sleeping.
    ((Going to pause here a bit until I figure out what to do.))

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

Harnel chuckles, "Now now, Cessie, I think we both know what a man does with this kind of gift. I want to show you something, though."

Harnel will attempt to take the musical staff from Cessie for a moment. if successful, he'll turn it so that the top is facing downwards. A moment later her presses his face against a hole near the top, and breathes fire into it.

The enchantment that deals with fire has several runes making sure it reacts. Interestingly, these are made to glow when they are working. This creates quite a spectacle as fire pours from each of the holes along the instrument, and the runes on the outside glow blue. To top it off, a sweet, high pitched sound emanates from the staff.
    [Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

Looking at it? Cessie thinks, not that she's going to ask. That would seem foolish.

Then Harnel starts to play and she looks at the instrument in amazement. "That's... really good. Don't tell me you have played such an instrument before? You do have a lot of rather odd talents after all." She gives him a mock suspicions glance.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-01-01 at 09:45 PM.