Thread: Serpentine's Travel Diary Thingo-Whatsit

1. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Travel Diary Thingo-Whatsit

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Interlude: Insecurities
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm feeling awfully fat and ugly/plain, here. Almost feels like I'm the only overweight person on the island, and most of the Indonesian women in particular are beautiful. But eh, that's okay. I'm here to have fun, not hook up, and the relatively healthy food and activity and stuff may well help slim me down a bit.
    Well, I don't know if it will help at all, but I think you're absolutely gorgeous and I know others who agree with that assessment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Interlude: Miscellania
    Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot to say, first or second day I bought myself a dress. I think it looks pretty nice on me - a gorgeous blue, reasonably flattering cut, Sinta called it "Balinese style" - but as my first attempt at haggling it was a disaster (Sinta tells me I could've gotten 3 of them for that price), and it's still not what I want. I really need a super-cool, cotton summer dress for when it's really, really humid and hot, and this one's made out of... I think something synthetic, and it's too tight around the chest to be really cool. Ah well. It's still nice.
    Ooh. Any possibility of pictures?
    Last edited by Nix Nihila; 2012-01-02 at 02:28 AM.