1. - Top - End - #217
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40k fluff thread VI: They see me Ward'en, they haten

On the Eldar issue, don't forget, there's a score of Purifiers, who were placed on the remains of Craftworld Malan'tai after clensing it of a Slaneesh Greater Demon on a "All the Spirit stones you eat Buffet" after Malan'tai got wrecked by some Tyranids. And their job is to remain on board, guarding it, until another Eldar Craftworld is in range to recover the remaining spirit stones. (Story given on Page 14)

Plus, surely the Eldar would sense some sort of psyker ability from the Grey Knights? And in the other cases, of gaining Xenos tech from other races. Yes, I'm sure Ordo Xenos Inqusitors probably do the majority of the work. That's not to say there's a chance a few Grey Knights might possibly be with them, wanting to know about technology they might be using soon.

With Chaos, we know that several Greater Demons, have fought and been banished multiple times by the Grey Knights, and there are rivalries between some of them, Brother Captain Stern vs. M'Kachen for example. And the ones who have fought Lord Kaldor Draigo.

Also on Page 14 of the GK codex, is the Raxos Civil War, where Civilians were being evacuated off planet, and covered by the Grey Knights, to assist in escaping.... well they almost, up until Stern realizes that their target, had managed to sneak on board one of the evacuation shuttles, and were forced to destroy all of them to prevent the Changeling from escaping.

That's not to say that there are secrets about the Grey Knights that they would kill someone to protect. Indeed, I'm sure to the casual observer, they are just, a rather unique looking Space Marine force. And yes, the GK, and the Inquisition, would completely wipe out the planet's populace and defenders, if they deem it better than to risk Chaos corrupting them anytime soon. It's been seen on Armageddon, as well as Tarsis (which happened at least once, possibly twice after the end of the game/book) in the Dawn of War Series.
    Last edited by Razgriez; 2012-01-02 at 09:58 AM.
    Final Fantasy XIV Dragoon custom avatar made by Iruka. Thanks Iruka.