Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
Day 229: White Collar

I've decided to embrace the limitations of pencil rather than whine about being away from the tablet. That is to say, I'm using the sketchbook for quick examples of pose, perspective, anatomy and shape rather than trying for complex pictures like I normally would. It's not going to look very good, but looking good isn't the point.

Today's piece was a proof-of-concept, using 3H pencils to box out a body shape and 2B to do linework and shading. Working off television is hard because people are always moving and running around; but makes it a good challenge. I'm going to focus on my basics and fundamentals so I'll be able to apply even more when I'm back at the computer. It's a good role for the sketchpad in my life, I think.

Fracked the legs, though, that was a derp moment.

Spoiler
Show
One thing that I think is worth celebrating about traditional media is the ease of having texture. I know Corel can kind of mimic that, and with more effort a lot of programs can duplicate it, but there is a really nice effect you can get with shading on sketch paper with a little bit of tooth, or using pastel paper, etc.