Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Beautiful.
Remarkable what you can do with 15 strokes.

Share, man! Share! Those shadows are my bane.
Prop it against a wall/stand it up in a chair. Make the notebook vertical or diagonal.

I can already hear the sound of you slapping your forehead.

And your finding physical media lacking fills me with this strange, sad, disturbed feeling. Like listening to people talk about sprituality as if the material was useless, or the reverse. It's so... Unholistic.

And you know, there's no reason for it. Digital media is better than actual, in almost every way. It feels weird to know you're old fashioned but not be able to do anything about it...
Oh, I know, I know there's a time and a place for pencil and paper, and I filled some of the gap today by buying a new set of pencils and a decent eraser. But I'm dreaming in colour right now, imagining paints, thinking of all the pictures I want to make and things I want to practise and virtually none of it has anything to do with lead and paper.

Actual paints are something of a different story. Having looked at my great uncle's masterpieces, I've become amazingly aware of how a painting is a 3D construction. The surface isn't smooth, like in digital art; some parts jut out, others you can see the canvas underneath. That's fascinating.