1. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5 Magic System] The Codices of Spellshaping

I...actually had never thought about the dragonheart adept playing a support role. Huh.

The idea behind the class--in case it wasn't obvious, which it probably totally is--revolves around you becoming a dragon and doing dragon-y things. So, attacking things with natural weapons, blasting with your breath weapon, and having some generic magical goodness.

While I'm fairly confident that such a build is still fairly reasonable, I hadn't expected such a strong support element to be feasible. I'm pretty okay with it, though. The sly, manipulative wyrm is also a standard dragon type.

If I ever had the chance to play a dragonheart adept, I had assumed that I would have rolled a damage-heavy tank, designed to take hits and dragon the hell out of everything. Now, I find myself really hoping for a gestalt game in which I could run a magic-blooded dragonborn spellscale dragonheart adept (support build) // bard (with dragonfire inspiration). Possibly using my bard rewrite, for added buffing and self-aggrandizement. It would be the buffiest thing since vampire slaying and the dragoniest thing since Smaug.
    Last edited by DonQuixote; 2012-04-19 at 07:07 AM.
    Homebrew I've written. Includes an entire index of the spellshaping materials, as well as a few other tidbits I've done.