1. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: The 3.5 Red Hand Of Doom Handbook for DMs [Major spoilers!] - WIP, PEACH!

My group's made it most of the way through the Battle of Brindol now, and we've noticed some things:

Bluespawn Stormlizards are extremely dangerous in large groups. The party didn't manage to take any down in the first round, and after eight 6d6 lightning bolts they had to run for it (the 5th lizard didn't even fire a shot). Oh, and they're supposed to come in pairs, but the module has a 5th without his buddy. . .

Jarmaath is knocked out by strength damage. . . except strength damage only makes you helpless-you're still conscious. Which means he should be able to communicate with the telepathy from Telepathic Bond.

Jarmaath and any other NPCs you have conveniently knocked out before the PCs arrive and downed from strength damage. The temple clerics are already out of lesser restorations-but the "supply cache" is full of as many scrolls of lesser restoration as you have budget left.

Meanwhile, all game we've been finding that not only does the game expect blaster mages, it really seems to require them. We have a perfectly set up summoner build that is completely useless, and when he drops that and just buffs they still can't hold off groups of blackspawn raiders or bluespawn stormlizards. If I hadn't let him buy a runestaff of fireball/lightning bolt they'd probably be dead by now.
    Last edited by Fizban; 2012-01-14 at 02:41 AM.
    Fizban's Tweaks and Brew: Google Drive (PDF), Thread
    A collection of over 200 pages of individually small bans, tweaks, brews, and rule changes, usable piecemeal or nearly altogether, and even some convenient lists. Everything I've done that I'd call done enough to use in one place (plus a number of things I'm working on that aren't quite done, of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet Octopus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    sheer awesomeness