View Single Post

Thread: Skyrim IV: Oblivion

1. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Skyrim IV: Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Enigma View Post
    So, I've just started this and could use some advice. I'm currently a Breton intending to focus perks on One Handed, Block, Heavy Armor, Smithing and Enchanting. I'm also going to use Destruction (for ranged/area attacks) and Restoration but don't really intend to spend perks here.

First question, then, is: does this look reasonable? Am I spread too thinly on perks (or alternatively, can I afford to take on another skill?) Also, how well does Destruction work as an attack skill without perk investment? Would I be better switching to Archery for ranged attacks? (I've got the Remove Perk Prerequisites mod, so I can skip useless perks)
    Very reasonable. Pick one of Destro/Archery for when you can't reach your enemies, but otherwise you'll hack 'em to bits just fine. I'd go Archery, just because it scales better - just keeping your bow upgraded and 'chanted will keep it's damage relevant even with few perks. Can't really say the same for Destruction. On the other hand, archery doesn't let you chuck fireballs at people's faces. So there is that too.

I don't think you'll really be needing Alteration. Heavy+Block is a lot of defense - if anything that gets through that you can just chug a potion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Enigma View Post
    Second, how should I raise Health/Magicka/Stamina?
    Health mostly. Keep Magicka high enough that you can cast a couple of your big spells without running dry. But basically look at what you're running out of in fights. Not enough Stamina to spam you power attacks? Boost that. Health getting too low for comfort? Get more of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, my Archer-Thief is going pretty well. However, I'm running out of irrelevant Factions for my next character (doing my best to not overlap factions on characters). I'm specifically avoiding Companions so that I can have it for my melee character. Should the melee character be sword-and-board or two-handed?
    Be a man. Go Unarmed.
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2012-01-15 at 01:37 PM.
    Truth resists simplicity.