Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
Actually, that's not half bad. The perspective's odd, but all in all it's not too horrifying.
Yeah, doing the legs was very hard. I do perspective well normally, just not on something that's curved, as my brain has difficulty trying to work out what the curve should look like from an angle. (I could have done a side-on picture, but I thought the head, at least, needed to be seen from an angle, and I decided that trying to do it posed anything more than it was would be beyond my abilities!)

As I say, the body length is actually sorta right, because section A Welsh ponies are apparently quite long-bodied. (Either that, or I've been watching so much pony I don't know what a real horse looks like anymore...!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen
If you want horrifying, please refer to the hypothetical unicorpion (scorpion/unicorn fusion) sketch. Warning, may indeed be utterly horrible and revolting.
Spoiler
Show

Yes, I know I forgot pincers. This thing was scribbled together in under 15 minutes because someone on our forum wanted to see what a "unicorpion" would look like.
And yet, still better than most of the rubbish rando-monsters that pop up in D&D (especially in the almost unilaterally dreadful 3.x artwork..!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
Great gods, the prophecy is true! Flee you fools, get that lich to let you on his ship! Head for my cultst bunkers! Flee to the Land of Friendship and Magic! Do something!
Given how often she pops in on the station, exactly how will that help?

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
Though ever since I last responded I cannot help but feel they would be more terrifying with two good rifles, and two shields. Infantry that can reliably carry plates of tank armor and still return fire effectively scares me much more than infantry that outguns me 6-1.
Trouble is, that would put your target profile up more and, more pertinently, that makes it more likely that someone will shoot you with an anti-armour weapon. (Nowadays, nearly everyone carries some form of light anti-armour, as thay can be smaller enough that the equivalentof an RPG-22 can be part our your standard kit. It's more or less a requirement, actually, since there are that many things out there that are bigger and meaner (Strayvians, Powered Infantry, us, WarDroids, Cybertanks etc etc) that you sort of have to be prepared for it.

(The Aotrs are unusual in that we don't tend to carry a disposable LAW as part of our standard equipment. Though somewhat, this is due to our greater reliance on magic - the standard Lightning Bolt spell in the Aotrs arsenal is quite up to the job, and, of course, the squads all have a dedicated Snake Launcher operator.)

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS
Now see, this I have to question given what I know of he biology behind these things.

Proprioception.

Though apparently they've done a good bit more studying since... I forget I haven't actually gone to school for three years >>;

Anyway. The sense of location is emanating, isn't it? In that a gun wouldn't be held relative to the ground ("3 meters up, can't down by 4 degrees") without a second limb bracing at the ground to give relative feedback; the gun would be relative to the creature, say, 2 meters up, seven degrees of the midsagital line in the one o'clock position (or however the brain processes it; we would probably register it as an X/Y/Z coordinate map with all axises(?) centered at about the sternum). So if something jerks the creature, there will be a delay, but the emanative nature of its holding 'limb' would naturally displace the weapon until conscious thought caught up to it, because the powers would try to maintain the X/Y/Z coordinates in relation to the Jaegerpony, not to the terrain.

There are a lot of mechanics in here I'm not going to bother talking out, and I'll just say its like keeping a full cup level in a speeding automobile. So I would say they suffer no penalties from being in a moving vehicle, but that they would require an extra limb above and beyond what other races do to get stable.

... That may be what you said though, rereading what I quoted, so if so I'm sorry. I'm just stuck on the fact that without mass to provide passive soaking of kinetic force, a Jalyrkeion1\ would require more effort to stabilize a weapon. The greater strength of their TK compared to a humanoid would help, but it seems either devote all that extra strength to stabilizing a standard weapon, or have exaggerated accuracy problems with a larger weapon. My reasoning being a 150# man with a braced shotgun (humanoid) is going to have an easier time than a 250# professional soldier (Jalyr) holding the same gun loosely without properly bracing it.

As you have a more thorough knowledge of how they actually work though, I may be off-base. I'm just trying to cover as broad an array of useful bits as possible.
Ah, that was me falling into Manouvre Group termininology. "Fully stabilised" means that you don't suffer so big a penalty firing off-road (though it applies to vehicles, rather than infantry).

On further consideration, though, I think them being able to run while firing (because unlike humans, they don't need to swing their arms as part of their balance) as if an (unstabilised) vehicle is probably more than good enough - as you rightly say, I was overexaggerating their ability to hold their guns level.

And if it's not too late, I think they should be a Shogunate.
I like heirarchy, but Shogunate is another one to add to my list. (Y'see, the Jalyrkieons are "J" because I had a gap in the alphabet (between the Imperial Japanese, the Imperials (i.e. the Galactic Empire more correctly) and the Kra'Vak). I intend to have at least one fleet for every letter, because, and so we're down to P, Q, WXYZ. So, still six fleets to go... (Though secret project will be one of those.))

Not only could each vowel be distinct, especially as you watch anime and so are familiar with Japanese,
Pffftahahahaha!

Yes, I watch anime - anime English DUBS (like Naruto).

And only limited numbers at that (I'm more of a cartoon, than anime fan). Naruto and Pokemon are the only two I watch in earnest (though I've seen a fair bit of Dragonball Z).

I can just about recognise Japanses when spoken - due to the fairly small numbers of things I've watched subbed (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha) or some of my JRPGs, but familiar? Heck no!

No foreign language skills, remember?

(I prefer dubs, generally, since I tend to watch while having supper (what, I like my chocolate and I like my cerial and cheese too! (No, not at the same time...) Unlike Xykon, I can still eat, so damn it if I'm not gonna enjoy myself), which you kinda can't do when watching a sub.)