Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
Well, I guess you wouldn't know if you'd have disphoria / how you'd feel about if it happened though, no?

I.. ehm have fun with mine too, but I just try to externalize what they actually are / do other stuff with them...
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have disphoria. I have memories of swapping bodies (and sexes) repeatedly in recent memory. I have dreams about being female (or male, or neuter, or alien). It occasionally plays a role in my fantasy life. I think I'd cope.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
I have masses of dysphoria, but that won't stop me having the best kind of fun I can manage with what I've got.
Sounds like a healthy coping strategy to me. You should show me sometime, I could give a helping hand!

On which note:

Have I mentioned I love you recently?
*sweeps lix from her feet and plants a big, sloppy, three minute kiss*

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
Some people would disagree, as their hand is connected to their sense of self in some way. That's really the whole general concept behind dysphoria, in that a certain physical state is connected to a sense of self, and that state differs from the actual physical state in some way.
Yeah, but I don't get why... I'm not trying to make light for people who do find it problematic. But...

It's a pet peeve of mine when people generalize about issues as big as this. I get that it's a big issue. But I don't get why. So I can be supportive. But I will be scratching my head. And then the go too explanation everyone always seems to give is "well, ANYONE would feel bad if they got their parts switched," as what Kender said, and my response is pretty much always "says you!"

And speaking of my response...

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
So... you see no difference between someone going into a clinic and willingly getting themselves cybernetically augmented and kidnapping a child and augmenting him against his will and mindraping him to boot?

Because that's kind of the difference between someone who is trans getting pretty sweet, years ahead of our time SRS and someone without dysphoria randomly waking up and finding that someone or something had just stolen their sexual identity and replaced it with something completely different.

To use a bit of understatement, well, consent is pretty damn important.
Whoa! Back the HELL up! You just made about 2 dozen leaps in what you said, and did some serious strawman theater. I see no difference in principle between different methods of swapping or augmenting features, nor do I PERSONALLY see a reason why doing so in an otherwise non harmful way would be cause for me to be upset. At no point did I try to say it might not be bad for other people, merely that I did not understand why it would be (though I will admit my point may have been a bit unclear due to the fuzzy nature of such an argument). Nor did I advocate kidnap or rape of children, or try to stamp on trans peoples right to transition to what they view as a more functional and pleasing body.

Strawman me like that again and I will ignore you in the thread and merely send you an angry face PM.