1. - Top - End - #1084
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXV: The Thread Everypony Should Know

In which it is on.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    [FFRP]

*The hunched 'old' bloke pauses for a moment, and then stands tall - impossibly tall - blazing from within with viridian rainbows and silver fire*

This I refute! Half measures are acceptable for No Thing!

*he extends his arm, pointing to Candles' very core* You, pony! You! You are a brilliant, blazing effulgent star! Pregnant with possibilityA, and to say anything else - to settle for mediocrity for the sake of comfort - is a TRAVESTY. You have infinite potential, you have life and limb! Vim and vigor!

*the fires and light fade, perhaps, they never were. Here now is a simple youth, face crumpled with earnest concern. He grabs Candles by the sides of the jaw, pushin back the hat Starry had given him, and looks hard into the colt's face*

You are a beautiful work of the mind and soul, Candles. You are the universe. What separates us is that I know this, and you think these words are just that; hollow, sound, text. You are on a journey of learning, my little pony, of becoming! Infinite becoming, again and again, transcending yourself each time.

I will not beleaguer you about your pace, because each must dance as their rhythm dictates. But to stop, to cease, to say "I have come far enough, I will stay here" is a crime I cannot allow. To give in to this is what the awakened call The Lie; and it is just that, Candles, I promise you. A Lie. Good enough is NEVER good enough, just like there is no lesser evil, there is no greater good. There is being who you are, becoming what you are meant to be, fulfillment! And there is rationalization.

You have come so very far, Candles. You have come from a confused and frightened busybody, shaken a powerful malignancy, won the hearts of the ponychat, and now, when the ball is finally rolling, when momentum is on yor side, now, NOW of all times, you want to take your ball and go? Fold and leave while you're in the black? Every hand is a winner, friend, and every hand is a loser, it's all in how you play.

And at the end of the day, Candles, wounds heal, bones knit and problems sort themselves out. But regret does nothing but eat you alive, and make you waste even more of that precious vitality on frittering your moments in despair.

Half measures are never enough for a full pony. You are so much more than that... Please, if only for yourself, don't let that go out of complacency.

*his momentum having wound down, the Mage curls again with his age, before turning his head, elsewise still as the grave*
    In the few moments after the Electric Death Salvo was launched and before it hit, Jayden briefly wonders if she made a mistake, because she agreed fairly comprehensively with that.

Oh, yes. That.

Come now, Jayden. If you meet every light-hearted prank with electric death salvos, how will you see make any friends?
    "In retrospect you might be on to something."

*the wizard and the griffon eye each other dramatically at a downward angle, wind blowing through the grass. Is magically between them as in every anime samurai battle ever. There is an audible swallow*
    Don't worry, Candles. its amazing what one can live through.

[b]EEEEYARRGH I WAS JOKING ABOU THE ELECTRIC DEATH SALVO Gah my face!

Fine! FINE! You know what? You're not that pretty after all!

*SiuiS flings his hand out dramatically, sending transparent violet knives of psychic scorn spiraling towards Jayden's sense of self esteem*
    Jayden, remarkably, is actually trained really well in psychic self-defence. In response to the attack on her mind, her mind breaks into two - one of which immediately starts wallowing in insecure self-pity and the other remains dedicated and focused on the job at hand.

"You think I don't know that?" she chokes out the sob, even as untrembling talons go through the workings of the next spell, "You think I didn't once get that impression growing up? With my mom being who she is?" the voice changes instantly to calm and reasonable, "To the moon."

Jayden releases the torch, and the spell activates - magnetism. The torch flies from her claws and attaches itself to SiuiS' leg.

Then the spells already on it kick in. The amplify light creates a ray of light brighter than the sun, the Transform Energy coverts it into fire - and the end result is a rocket thruster attached unbreakably to SiuiS' leg and aimed at the moon.

Blast off commencing.

-
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-01-16 at 01:46 AM.