1. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Metal Thread VI: We're So Kvlt, We Have Frostbite On Our Devil Horn Fingers

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Angel View Post
    Really? I'm impressed, but must decide if I'm positively or negatively impressed...
    It's unique how I perceive the band. Metallica is not as much of a thrash metal band as they are a metal band with a stake in all genres (besides, y'know, black and death). I really like St. Anger. It's a really cool "garage-y" album that shows, in the midst all the risks they'd been taking (Load's cover is semen and blood. Bet you thought it was LAVA), that they're not afraid to experiment. You can't really name any bands that will go to such extreme lengths to innovate besides Metallica. They deserve a better fanbase than what they have, the intolerant, arse-faced, "I-must-criticize-and-hate-all-this-band-releases-to-be-popular" guys.

You can compare the first song they had out to the song that put them in everyone's field of view (I knew about them a whole decade before I even heard a single song about them!), or even something that lost millions of fans for trying, and wrap it up with the warped combination of thrash and heavy metal.

That is effort in maintaining staying power!
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-01-16 at 04:30 PM.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.