The Question

Kate's jaw is firmly clenched in anger as she sees Alice again, and the crazed gleam in Alice's emerald eyes can only mean terrible things for the Colonel. Her first inclination is to strike at her, but the rational side of her talks her out of it. Too far. She'll light him up like a Christmas tree before you close the distance. New tactic.

"I've met a bat, actually. Several. In fact, in another life, I am a bat. And in another life, you weren't Alice. In another life, you were just a little girl, who loved her mother, loved her sister, and loved chocolate and waffles. I knew you before...before this happened." She gestures between the two of them - two women, standing in a abandoned diner wearing ridiculous costumes. "I thought you were dead, Lizzy. We all did. I don't know what happened to you, but I want to help you, to meet you all over again. Please...let me help you."

Inwardly, Kate prayed. There was a tiny chance all of this could end well - maybe she could talk Lizzy down, and get her the help she clearly needed. It wasn't too late...not yet.

Spoiler
Show

JIC: (1d20)[12]