Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
Oh dear. If she means what I think she means... Xalicus reached for his satchel. If their new acquaintance was untrustworthy, or she provoked Kyinde, he wanted to have some kind of defensive wand ready.

"Oh, under the circumstances, it was pretty clear. I like that kind of thing - it's clear who would make things better if they win. However, it can be interesting if there's no bad side at all, too." Kyinde winked.

I guess that's one danger out, and another in. I really hope she doesn't start another duel just for fun.
Fear's eyes flick to the movement of Xalicus's hand almost as soon as he starts to make it, watching carefully, to make sure he's not planning to attack her. Not that he's given her any reason to think he would, but twenty or so years of having to live on the streets and deal with almost everyone else, at best, chasing you off, and trying to kill you at worst, tends to make one paranoid about things like that.

"True. Not that that happens often; usually even if both the sides, in general, are good - which is pretty rare itself, most of the time you wish they'd just wipe each other out - you'll still end up with people in them that aren't, so the one with more of those ends up being the bad one."

Quote Originally Posted by Chas the mage View Post
He buys a whole fifth of vodka, and then proceeds to say, "'ll buy you somethin' 'n then we can share this," he says, pouring shots. His pupils look rather large. "Now," he continues with a pause, "whats this time sense thing?"

"How you perceive time passing... Only for me, it also means when I think I am; when I get drunk, I'll pull in pieces of me from the future, or the past,"