View Single Post

Thread: MS Paint Adventures V: THIS IS STUPID

1. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures V: THIS IS STUPID

Quote Originally Posted by irenicObserver View Post
    Didn't Doc Scratch mention a glitch in Scratched sessions where the players that were switched out were never born?
    Not that they were never born (though technically, I guess "born" isn't the right term to use for being spontaneously generated out of paradox goo; so indeed they were never born, like that guy in Macbeth, but I digress so I'll just say ectoborn). They weren't given life in that universe.

For the trolls, it's the ancestors who weren't ectoborn in their own session. Instead, they were ectoborn by Karkat in the scratched session.

For the kids, on the other hand, John successfully ectobirthed everybody in his session, and this time around it's the scratched session that will presumably not manage to do the whole ectobiology shenanigans. I guess they won't even attempt to, since they're already here anyway, so what's the point?

Scratch talked about the troll's situation -- a session that fails because the players didn't ectobiologize themselves into existence, necessitating a scratch so that they can originate from the scratched session as as to solve the paradox. In the kids' case, it's not their very existence that requires the scratch, it was the cancer that made the session unwinnable.
    Last edited by Gez; 2012-01-22 at 11:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!