View Single Post

Thread: This comic is barely D&D related anymore

1. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: This comic is barely D&D related anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Ancano View Post
    The worst part is that the Giant is actually proud of this.
    This is because, as he has said before, his comic can be funny and interesting for people who have next to no D&D background. For me, the D&D references that filled the first 40 comics or so were fun, but only because I was just learning about D&D at the time. It was more funny because I got the reference than because the joke was... a joke.

Now, while I still appreciate the odd reference here and there, it's the characters and story that interest me. I'd rather have a three-dimensional character that I can understand and (in some cases) empathize with than a purely two-dimensional character cover the intricacies of D&D rules humorously for several (going on 8 or 9?) years.

Also, there are only so many times you can make the "Hey, isn't this rule weird?" joke, and that number is nowhere near as high as 829.

Edit: Typo.
    Last edited by Forealms; 2012-01-22 at 11:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestar27 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylphy View Post
    He's a WITCH!!! BURN HIM!!!
    Wait! We should make sure that he's a witch before burning him. Do you know if he weighs the same as a duck?
    My correct prediction.

I am currently working on a new (needless) OotS compilation, similar to this or this, pm me if you'd like to help.

Thanks to Serpentine for the excellent avatar!